HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) – The Pennsylvania Department of Health reports that 4,159 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported since Saturday, bringing the state’s total to 1,725,902 known cases since the start of the pandemic, according to the COVID Alert PA app.
32 new deaths were identified by the Pennsylvania Death Registry for Saturday, bringing the total to 33,283 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
There are 3,593 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of these, 751 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19.
The statewide positivity percentage for the week of Nov. 12 to Nov. 18 rose to 11.7%.
Our central region has 234 new cases since Saturday, bringing our total to 117,010 known cases of COVID-19.
The county breakdown of the new cases is below:
Percentage of people who received at least one dose of vaccine by county:
- Bedford: 38.7%
- BLAIR: 52.6%
- CAMBRIA: 57%
- CAMERON: 58.2%
- CENTER: 61.7%
- CLEAR FIELD: 51.1%
- WAP: 59%
- HUNTINGDON: 50.2%
- JEFFERSON: 50.1%
- SOMERSET: 50.1%
Total COVID-19 deaths by county:
- BEDFORD: 191 (+0)
- BLAIR: 429 (+0)
- CAMBRIA: 557 (+0)
- CAMERON: 13 (+0)
- CENTER: 258 (+0)
- CLEAR FIELD: 225 (+0)
- WAP: 65 (+0)
- HUNTINGDON: 177 (+0)
- JEFFERSON: 143 (+0)
- SOMERSET: 274 (+0)
NEW LOCAL DEATHS: 0
Federal data representing the 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Monday, November 22, Pennsylvania ranks 5and among the 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Monday, Nov. 22, 73.7 percent of Pennsylvanians ages 18 and older are fully immunized.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties under the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated Oct. 27 to more accurately reflect the number of partially and fully vaccinated people and to account for additional doses given to residents in each county outside of Philadelphia. The demographics associated with vaccinations have also been updated. The updates are part of the ministry’s ongoing work to improve the quality of statistical data and reports to ensure the public has the most accurate and up-to-date information. For state-to-state comparisons, see CDC Vaccine Data Tracker.
- Vaccine suppliers administered a total of 15,070,162 doses of vaccine, including 1,379,039 additional doses (which includes additional injections for immunocompromised people and booster injections).
- A total of 130,449 doses of pediatric vaccines (5-11 years old) were administered.
- 6,582,165 people are fully vaccinated; with 50,414 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a rolling seven-day average of more than 49,900 people vaccinated daily.
Department continues to urge Pennsylvanians to follow CDC advice to wear a mask when required by law, rules and regulations, including health care, local business and workplace guidance. For their protection and that of others, people not yet vaccinated or partially vaccinated are always encouraged to wear a mask when out in public. The CDC also recommends that all people wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of significant or high transmission.
There are 277,199 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
Register for the WTAJ newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.