The Wisconsin Department of Transportation North Central Region (WisDOT) today announced the posting of seasonal weight limits on highways in the region. Weight restrictions are 6 tons gross load for single axle vehicles and 10 tons gross load for vehicles with tandem axles (two axles within 8 feet of each other). The maximum gross weight is 24 tons.
Weight restrictions will be effective at noon on Monday, March 9, 2020 on the following highways:
- WIS 52, Marathon County, from Elm Rd to the Shawano County line
- WIS 52, Shawano County, from the Marathon County line in US 45
- WIS 52, Langlade County, from WIS 55 to the North Langlade county line
- WIS 52, Forest County, from the South Forest county line to Smith Road
- WIS 54, Wood County, from West Wood County line to WIS 80
- WIS 54, Wood County, from WIS 80 south junction 1 mile west of WIS 73 junction
- WIS 55, Forest County, from Argonne Street to the Michigan State line
- WIS 107, Marathon County, from Marathon County Road A to the Lincoln County line
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, from the Marathon County line to WIS 64
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, from Matthew’s Road to Lincoln County Road S
- WIS 122, Iron County, from WIS 77 to the Michigan State line
- WIS 153, Marathon County, from Marathon County Road J to the Shawano County line
- WIS 153, Shawano County, from the Marathon County line in US 45
- WIS 169, Iron County, of the Ashland County line in the United States 2
- WIS 173, Wood County, from North Junction WIS 80 to Wood County Road G
Seasonal weight restrictions (spring-signalled roads) are imposed on specific highways during the spring thaw period. Restrictions are added to prevent damage to the pavement structure.
In the event of unforeseen cold weather, postings in each county may be delayed depending on conditions and will come into effect at the discretion of the State Highways Engineer.
For more information on traffic impacts, transportation news, and updates on improvement projects in the North Central Wisconsin region: